24 Oysters (or clams)
4 Tablespoons unsalted butter cut into 24 equal pieces (about 1/2 teaspoon each)
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
- Soak wood chips in water for approximately 45 minutes
- Pre Heat grill to medium heat
- While the grill is heating, carefully shuck the oysters, discarding the top shells. Pass the knife under each oyster to release it from the bottom shell. Leave the oysters in the bottom shell. Arrange the oysters on an oyster grilling rack or a wire rack.
- Place a piece of butter on each oyster.
- Use cooking grid lifter to remove the cooking grid over the wood smoker basket
- Drain wood chips and fill the smoker basket, spreading the wood chips evenly
- Use the cooking grid lifter to lift the smoker box lid and place on top of the basket
- Smoke on medium low heat (Approximately 250 degrees) until the butter is melted and the oysters are warm but not fully cooked (15-20 minutes).
- Serve with grilled bread