ROTISSERIE CHICKEN CHILI
Bowl of shredded rotisserie chicken meat
4 cloves garlic, roasted and minced
1 Vidalia onion, roasted and diced
1 jalapeno, roasted and minced
8 oz green chilies, including juice
4 cups chicken stock
30 oz cannelloni beans
1 tbs lime juice
1 tbs cumin
1 tsp fresh oregano
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp black pepper
½ tsp chili seasoning
¼ tsp cayenne
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
corn bread batter
1 cup jack cheese, ¼” cubes
2 jalapenos, roasted and chopped
red pepper, roasted and julienned
Rainbow tortilla chips
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- On the side burner, over medium heat, add olive oil and roasted vidalia onion, jalapeno, and minced garlic. Saute until fragrant and add green chilies.
- Next add the shredded chicken, letting the meat soak up the rich flavors in the pot.
- Next add the chicken broth, , beans and bean puree (a great way to thicken the chili), lime juice, and chili seasonings (cumin, salt, oregano, black pepper and cayenne.) Bring to a boil then lower heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and cayenne to your preference and serve hot with a slice of cast iron corn bread and fix in’s.
Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Bread.
- Close the cooking hood, with flame on medium high to bring the oven temperature to 350+/-.
- Mix a basic corn bread batter elevating with 1 cup of sharp pepper jack cubes.
- Pour batter into greased cast iron pan.
- Garnish the batter with roasted red peppers.