- 1 ¼” Yellowfin Steak
- Grape seed oil
- Kosher Salt
- Soy Lime Dipping Sauce
- 4 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbs Lime Juice
- 1 Tbs Ginger, fresh pressed
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbs Honey
- ½ tsp red pepper
- Remove the Sear Zone protective cover and preheat the Fire Magic Infrared Sear Burner on high for 5 minutes with the hood down.
- Baste the tuna steak in a light coat of grapeseed oil on each side and season generously with kosher salt. Tuna is a beautiful, lean protein and the grapeseed oil has a high flash point that will keep the steak from sticking and contribute to texture and flavor in the final cook.
- Lift the Firemagic hood and firmly place the Tuna Steak over direct heat. Let the tuna cook for approx. 2 minutes, Flip and cook for an additional minute or 2. Premium protein like yellowfin tuna is best enjoyed rare to medium rare. A thick piece of Tuna will give you the chance to build great texture and grilled nuance on the surface while the center remains rare.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dip ingredients and place on your serving plate.
- Pull the meat from the grill and place on a cutting board. Slice crosswise, garnish with scallion and enjoy immediately with the dipping sauce.