PERFECT SEAR ZONE STEAK
6x 1-1/2″ thick filet mignon medallions
1 lb prosciutto wrapped asparagus
3 lbs sliced par boiled red bliss potatoes in extra virgin olive oil and herbs
½ cup butter and fresh herbs
Extra virgin olive oil
Cook Time: 10 Minutes
- Prepare a foil lined baking sheet with filet medallions and generously season with cracked pepper. Allow filet to sit at room temperature for 30-45 minutes.
- Par boiled herb potatoes should be roasting over medium heat along with prosciutto wrapped asparagus till nice and crisp.
- Up on the warming rack add a pot of melting sweet cream butter seasoned with Mediterranean sea salt and a handful of herbs- rosemary, oregano, thyme.
- Using tongs, place filet over direct heat and sear for 2 minutes. Rotate each medallion 90 degrees and sear an additional 3 minutes. Discard the foil lining baking sheet.
- Using tongs, flip once and cook for 2 minutes, then rotate 90 degrees
- Serve this up with the rotisserie roasted potatoes and prosciutto wrapped asparagus. Finished off with a drizzle of herb butter.