Rotisserie Chicken Chili with Cast Iron Corn Bread
Write a review
- Bowl of shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted and minced
- 1 Vidalia onion, roasted and diced
- 1 jalapeño, roasted and minced
- 8 oz green chilis, including juice
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 30 oz cannelloni beans
- 1 tbs Lime juice
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp chili seasoning
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- •Corn Bread
- corn bread batter
- 1 cup jack cheese, ¼” cubes
- 2 jalepenos, roasted and chopped
- red pepper, roasted and julienned
- •Garnish Bar
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Sliced lime
- Rainbow tortilla chips
- On the side burner, over medium heat, add EVOO and roasted vidallia onion, jalapeno, and minced garlic. Sautee until fragrant and add green chilis.
- Next add the shredded chicken, letting the meat soak up the rich flavors in the pot.
- Next add the chicken broth, , beans and bean puree (a great way to thicken the chili), lime juice, and chili seasonings (cumin, salt, oregano, black pepper and cayenne.) Bring to a boil then lower heat to medium low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt and cayenne to your preference and serve hot with a slice of Cast Iron Pepper Jack Corn Bread and fix in’s.
- ** Cheesy Jalapeno Corn Bread.
- Close the cooking hood, with flame on medium high to bring the oven temperature to 350+/-.
- Mix a basic corn bread batter elevating with 1 cup of sharp pepper jack cubes.
- Pour batter into greased cast iron pan.
- Garnish the batter with roasted red peppers.
Fire Magic Grills http://firemagicgrills.com/